Friday, May 4, 2012

Updates

     I want to start this post by thanking EVERYONE for all of their thoughts and prayers for us and our little babies. We appreciate it more than anything else! I have been feeling guilty about not being very good about updating everyone on a regular basis. I have been overwhelmed trying to call everyone back and give daily updates so I've decided that in order to be able to spend more time with Nate, I'll take some time each day to update the blog for people who are wondering about our little man's progress. I've started a post about the events leading up to now but it will take me quite a while to finish that long story.
     Now that Todd has gone back to work, Nate and I have found ourselves a pretty good daily schedule. I get up with Todd at 6 to pump and get ready. The doctors are usually in Nate's room going over the daily plan around 9 so I try really hard to get over to the hospital as close to 9 as possible. After the doctors come through it's time for Nate's morning cares. They do cares on Nate every 3 hours and I love to be there to help. They change his diaper, clean up his poop, take his temperature, and do some other measurements. They also start his feedings a those times. At his 9:30 and 3:30 cares the respiratory therapist also takes off his breathing mask (CPAP) and gives his poor little nose and head a break. I especially like to be there for those cares because it's the only time I get to see his cute little face without anything covering it up. After 9:30 cares Nate gets to take a much needed nap (his cares totally exhaust him).  During the next couple of hours I pump again and stare at my handsome little guy until he's had enough of me then wait until it's time for his next cares at 12:30. It's the same schedule throughout the day until Todd gets off work. We spend some time with him in the evening and come back for dinner around 7. It seems like 10 hours spent at the hospital each day would be boring but it actually goes by very quickly and I hate it each night when we have to leave.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this! We have been worrying about your whole family every day. Your a good lady!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're doing this. But don't stress yourself about updating, returning calls, emails, etc. Everyone who loves you guys would/will understand that your energies need to be for yourselves and baby Nate. You could do the long story one in bits and pieces to make it easier on yourself.

    Tomorrow is Jacob's birthday, and I found myself buying 3 bunches of flowers instead of just one - thinking of yours and mine.

    ReplyDelete