Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 134

Oh boy! It has been a very LONG week. Little Nate has had a week full of infections, antibiotics, wound packing, morphine, and starvation. The poor kid's incision got infected which, of course, delayed his eating and made morphine induced naps the only way to get him to stop screaming. We all had a lot of sleepless nights which made for one grumpy family :(

Fortunately, the end of this week turned out better than the beginning. His doctor started his feedings back up slowly on Friday and Nate has been a much happier boy. His infection also seems to be improving but another 7 day course of antibiotics is going to be necessary. The doctor is hoping that his feeding issues will all work themselves out by the time the antibiotics are done because those are the only 2 things keeping him here now. I can't believe we could be coming home by next weekend if everything stays on the right track!!!!

Here's hoping this week is full of eating and pooping!!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that the week started off so crummy. I'm glad they have started Nate's feedings back up - it would be so difficult to have a hungry, sick baby and not be able to give him the one thing he really wants. You are all in our prayers and we hope you can come home very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew that you could get so excited about pooping! :) Good luck and I hope he gets over his infection soon and he starts eating like a champ again!! I can't wait until you can go home! We'll be praying for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope things get better so you guys can come home! I miss you!!! Lots of prayers sent your way!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry the week started off so bad! But I am glad to here things are looking up with Nate and his surgery. Thanks for the update too! We have been praying for him everyday! Our girls always say in their prayers, "and please help little baby Nate that he will be ok." I told them that someday they will be able to meet baby Nate. They seemed pretty excited about that. :) I know it's been a long road for you guys and I am sure you can't wait to come home with your miracle baby. So I hope it's soon! I know when we were finally able to bring Emily home after 4 months, we still couldn't go many places or to church for almost a year with all the infections/colds she could catch. Not to scare you! Sorry! I am sure they have told you that. But it's nice to be able to get back home anyway and have a routine. I hope Nate is doing well today!

    ReplyDelete