Sunday, July 14, 2013

Painting

Nate's physical therapist suggested that we start coloring and painting with Nate. I was very hesitant because Nate puts EVERYTHING in his mouth. I had tried crayons and colored pencils but he is still just too little to understand what to do with them. I found this idea for edible paint on Pinterest and had to try it out. I bought plain yogurt and added the little flavor packets that they make for frosting. I think we had orange, cotton candy, and mint chocolate. He's actually never been a fan of yogurt but he ate quite a bit that day :) He got very very messy but loved every second of it!






1 comment:

  1. That's adorable. I have not tried it yet with Taliya, but I read recently that finger painting with pudding works well. (Supposedly you can add colors to it and it does not matter if they ingest it.) If Taliya did not already like to eat yogurt, I would be tempted to try your idea as well. That's clever! In terms of coloring, I do let Taliya color with crayons and colored pencils, but she does have to be supervised. She still does the mouth thing too. Have you tried the Crayola toddler crayons that come with the character that holds the crayon? We usually have less crayon chewing with those.

    ReplyDelete