Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 37

Todd had to go back to Twin Falls to work for today. He's gone back a couple of times in the past few weeks but I've been too wimpy to be by myself overnight. He has been waking up at 4 and driving to Twin before work and coming back to Boise after he gets off. What a wonderful husband I have to do all of that driving in one day just so I don't have to be by myself.  Nate's been so good the last couple of days though so I told Todd to go ahead and go last night. Nate must have known I was nervous because he performed like a champ throughout the night. This boy already knows how to be good to his momma. I am one lucky girl :)


Even better news...Nate is now 1 lb 13.1 oz!!! He gained a whole 2 oz yesterday! That is a new record for him. The doctor decided not to change a thing for him today just to see how he does tomorrow. Maybe we've found his happy place? I sure hope so!

He had kind of an up and down morning with his breathing. He's definitely keeping his nurse today busy. He's had as low as 23% oxygen running through his CPAP but all of a sudden he'll decide he's not happy and they'll have to creep him up a bit. They will bump him up 1% and after 2 minutes he'll be running too high. He's kind of a stinker like that!

This afternoon was pretty much the same as the morning. Up and down, up and down. I'm pretty sure he just didn't want anyone to sit down for a second today. I did get to hold him though. Since Todd works all week I let him have the weekends to hold Mr. Nate so it had been 2 whole days without any cuddle time for mom. It was great and he was a very good boy.  I wish I could spend all day and night with him. I hate it when I have to come home :(

3 comments:

  1. Yay! He is getting bigger! Emma used to do the same thing! They would bump her up a percent or two and then a couple of minutes later she'd be too high. They just don't want us to sit too long I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a 25 week preemie. It's a long road, but it will be over with before you know it. I remember those ups and downs. The staff there are wonderful, he's in good hands. Our 2 1/2 yr old boy dribbles baskets balls all day long. You are in our thoughts and prayers always. He's so beautiful and precious.

    ReplyDelete