Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 42-44

Nate had a very busy weekend. He had loads of visitors on Saturday. We love visitors but I think we over did it with him this weekend. He had a rough evening after everyone left. Being cute for everyone is a lot of hard work for such a little guy. His nurse told us we need to be careful to limit visitors to 1 or 2 throughout day for just a few minutes. Oops...we'll have to coordinate better I guess :) Sometimes we forget how sensitive he is.

Nate also had his first Mother's Day :) He did a great job. His nurses helped him make me a card and Todd gave up his day to hold him so I could have some extra snuggle time. Nate also decided to get me a present all by himself. When I was putting him back in bed after holding him we discovered that he had pooped. This wasn't just any poop though. It was a full blowout poop. We were both covered! The nurses teased him the rest of the day. They are trying to teach him how this whole Mother's Day thing works so he'll know what to do next year.





Nate had his share of ups and downs over the past few days but overall he's doing well. The doctors aren't planning any major changes for him. They just keep waiting for him to get bigger. We are starting to think that Nate is afraid of getting too big. He just won't quite get himself to the 2 lb mark. Yesterday he weighed in at 1 lb 15.5 oz. We thought for sure he'd make it to 2 lbs today. He's a little trickster though and decided he'd stop at 1 lb 15.9 oz! Little turkey! He's so close!!!

4 comments:

  1. What a cute family picture! Happy late mothers day to you! Nate is a lucky little guy to have you for a mom! (And Todd for a dad, but we'll save that for fathers day, right?)
    ~Tate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Mother's Day card ever! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute family picture! I love it! You guys are such good parents, Nate sure is a lucky little guy to have you two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day!!! What a sweet card! I'm so happy you have a little man to call your own.

    I hope you don't mind, I found your blog via Kristen Francom's. I remembered you from her baby shower. She told me what happened and my heart broke for you! I'm' glad things seem to be looking up now. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete