Friday, June 1, 2012

Day 62

Nate is 2 months old today!! He's had a big week...


  • He passed the 3 lb mark! He's now 3 lbs 3 oz! Look how much he's grown! The nurses do a new set of footprints every month. I couldn't believe the difference this month!



Birth, 1 month, and 2 months



  • He's up to 15 ml on his feeds and doing really well with them.

  • He's breathing like a champ. He'll get weaned down a little more on his pressure  in the next few days.

  • His daily hydrocortisone dose was stopped on Tuesday. He's done really well without it. That only leaves 1 medication left for him! He's still on his caffeine to help his breathing and probably will be for a while longer but only having 1 medication is an amazing accomplishment for him!

  • He had his 2 month immunizations today. He was a very brave boy but has been pretty grumpy since. His nurse was so nice and gave him some extra, much needed, snuggle time.

  • He had a bath on Wednesday night. He LOVES his baths! He is still not able to have tub baths yet but he loves to have warm water poured on his head. I think he's going to be a water baby :)
This is Nate after his bath. He was so alert and relaxed
                                       
I had a big week too. I was able to take a quick trip home. I have been trying to get back for weeks now but kept chickening out at the last minute. I finally got brave enough to go long enough to get a couple of things done. I called Nate's room every 3 hours and probably drove the nurses crazy but I made it through. It was really nice to go home but it definitely made me more anxious to get us ALL back home for good.

2 comments:

  1. He is ADORABLE! The kids were so excited to see the video!! We can't wait for all of you to come home for good either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this video!!! I think in this pic he looks like his mama! ~Tate

    ReplyDelete