Monday, May 19, 2014

Easter

Ok so I'm officially a month behind on updating this blog and I am feeling guilty about it. It seems like since the beginning of April, things in our house have moved to double speed and I don't feel like I'm catching up anytime soon. 

Easter is a special holiday for our family. Last year, we decided that we wanted our family to celebrate Macie and Ellie on Easter each year and teach Nate and our future children the importance of the resurrection and what that means for our family. Because of that, it is quickly becoming my favorite holiday.

Easter week started a little early for me this year. Our church puts on an Easter program each year called "Walk with Christ". They turn each room in our church building into a certain part of Christ's life and people walk through and learn more about him and the Easter holiday. This year, I was asked to play a part and I reluctantly said ok. I played Mary Magdalene at the tomb.  I have never acted in anything in my life so I was more than a little nervous but it ended up being a very neat experience. Here is a picture that was taken after my first night. I did 3 nights total and figured that I recited my part close to 100 times. I was exhausted by the end of the week.
                                            

Saturday morning started with a neighborhood Easter egg hunt. It ended up being the perfect first egg hunt for Nate. I knew he would hate a huge city one with millions of kids so I was glad when just 2 families in our neighborhood invited us to join theirs. 

Todd giving Nate a pep talk before they started

It didn't really work...Nate found this egg first, opened it and realized there was candy inside, sat down and ate the Reese's Egg (his favorite), and was done.

Nate's buddy Seth eating a blue robin egg. He looked like a Smurf by the end of the morning.

This is what Nate was doing while all the other kids were still finding eggs

Everyone counting up their eggs

And Nate's still completely oblivious :)


Once he realized that everyone else had loads of eggs with candy, he kept trying to steal them.

Good thing he's cute because he scored a second Reese's egg!

After the egg hunt, we ran in our second family 5K race. Todd's work helped sponsor it so many of his co-workers were there. Nate loved riding in the stroller during the race but loved the BBQ afterward even more. 

Later that afternoon, my parents came down and brought Nate his first chocolate bunny. It took him a while to figure out what to do with it, but once he did, he was in love :)


Sunday morning, we headed to Twin Falls to see the girls' spot at the cemetery and have dinner with Todd's brother Brian and their family. Unfortunately, it was super windy and cold at the cemetery so we didn't stay very long and didn't get any pictures. 

Nate "sharing" toys with baby Trevor. He's still not very good at it...

This was my favorite part of the day. For dessert, the kids and Katherine made cute little crispy treat nests that had chocolate eggs and marshmallow peeps in them. Somehow Nate just knew that he was going to love it and he was right! He took one bite of the sugary bird and quickly shoved the rest of it in his mouth. Then he desperately signed "more" to every one else at the table hoping they would surrender their peeps. I don't know how many he ended up with by the end of dinner but it sure was funny! 
                    

Heaven!
                    



No comments:

Post a Comment